Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Guitar and my gang

My guitar in the college days:
.
In my college days (2002-2005)... an electric guitar would have been the most priceless gift I could ever expect from anyone cos we had formed a rock band and twas the first official band of Symbiosis Computer faculty. Though we could indeed grow and master oursleves to come up to some national level, we performed at our best levels in various places in Pune for competitions and Inter Coll-Fests. Those days were too BEAUtiful with the whole bunch of people from our class and other batches jumping up and down like chimps (kiddin) on the canteen tables and chairs, holding guitars and singing (literally screaming). Most of the requests were for the numbers like "Hotel California", "Summer of 69" and other best of Bryan Adams and some rock n rolls of Cliff Richard.
.
About the Band Members:
The "lead guitarist" of our band, Avishek is a Nepali national and now in US pursuing his Masters in Info. Sys, the "vocalist", Satish aka Jammy from Jamshedpur, is now in Bhuvaneshwar, Orissa busy with his Masters in Computers from Kalinga University. My good old friend and "Rythem-Strummer" Sean a Punekar (from Pune), is still in Pune working with an IT giant corporate.... lucky guy. Uday aka UD again a Punekar, doing his part on the keyboards is now in Pune, working with this company called "Tietoenator" as a .Net Developer. And Rixon the drummer, the cousin of Avishek... theres no news from him. And myself Jimson, basically a Kerelate, having spent more than 15 yrs of my life here and Pune being my true home, I was on the "Strumming+Base+vocal support". Now I'm in Mumbai getting used to its hectic lifestyle, working as a Network Engg with "Infomark Technologies"

Though the tastes have changed by now, its long time since we've performed together. I'm now into gospel and country music. But then we are hoping for the best, for a reunion-concert in the days ahead. Anyways, a home coming for a break, I think is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment